Living and Working in Waterloo
Waterloo is known as an Intelligent Community, home to three esteemed post-secondary institutions, global think tanks, world-class employers and a thriving technology ecosystem. Our diverse city hosts year-round festivals, features an extensive natural trail network, Light Rail Transit, boasts a strong economy and enjoys proximity to both rural landscapes and urban amenities. Think farmer’s markets, world-class recreational facilities and an international airport, all in one of the safest cities in Ontario. Our reputation as a technology powerhouse has been bolstered by the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor, a global center of talent, growth, innovation and discovery. Rivaling the best in the world, this 100km stretch is the second-largest technology cluster in North America. Build your career and your life in Waterloo, where accommodations range from upscale condos in heritage buildings to spacious homes in family-friendly communities.
Marketing Communications Specialist [Contract]
eleven-x is looking for an enthusiastic and talented writer/communications person to join our team! In this role, you will play a key part in our efforts to build captivating stories and content that cranks the volume on the eleven-x message up to 11.
Possessing dazzling communication and copywriting skills, your enthusiasm and positive attitude will drive communications and content that includes external communications like press releases, blog posts, and op-ed pieces, as well as collateral that supports our corporate and sales efforts.
eleven-x is enabling the promise of the Internet of Things [IoT] for cities and organizations across Canada and we are growing! We provide complete wireless solutions, from device to deployment to data analytics, for Smart Buildings, Smart Parking and a variety of Smart City applications. A key part of our solution is operating Canada’s first and only public coast-to-coast network optimized for IoT, so there is definitely a lot of inspiration for storytelling. Our diverse team is driven to develop full DNA [device, network connectivity, application software] IoT solutions for organizations across North America.
For this role you will:
- Support the marketing, sales and senior management team with development and preparation of projects – both internal and external (writing, project management, event coordination etc.)
- Write, edit and distribute press releases. Monitoring, maintaining and responding to public media inquiries
- Track, monitor, measure and disseminate both social and traditional media mentions
- Proactively push information about eleven-x through social channels
- Write, edit and coordinate content programs with the larger team. Coordinating and executing customer communications projects
- Manage the eleven-x brand both internally and externally
- Assist and manage the coordination of efforts in our industry and community events
- Have 5+ years of experience in communications or content marketing, at least some in B2B, and you live to write
- Hold a degree or diploma in journalism, communications, or marketing
- Be flexible and resourceful with strong organizational skills to help us optimize on opportunities to communicate the eleven-x story
- Have demonstrated skill and flair in business writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience independently managing projects from inception to completion
- Be able to navigate Microsoft Office and/or G Suite with ease
Interested in helping one of Canada’s leading IoT solution providers forward? Connect with us by sending us your resume and a cover letter.
Team: eleven-x offers a dynamic and collaborative environment that allows our team members to bring their passion and perspectives to make an impact daily. Providing complete solutions means we are with our customers every step of the way, from device to wireless connectivity to data and applications software so there are plenty of opportunities to collaborate and make your mark.
Opportunity: while we’ve only been around for about 5 years, we’ve gotten a lot accomplished in this short time frame! In addition to being recognized as a global leader in wireless connectivity and having the more paid pilots deployed, we are responsible for 10 North American IoT firsts including first public LPWAN in Canada, first Smart Parking deployment utilizing LoRaWAN™ in Canada, as well as the first Smart City Water Monitoring project in Canada. And we are just getting started…
eleven-“xtras”: We are proud of our company and we take care of our teammates by offering team events and lunches, free snacks, and beverages, competitive wages, 4 weeks paid holidays per year, flexible hours, stock options and a weekly social to discuss things with our team that are non-IoT related.
We thank all applicants for your interest in eleven-x. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. eleven-x is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify eleven-x.Apply Now