Living and Working in Waterloo
Waterloo is known as an Intelligent Community, home to three esteemed post-secondary institutions, global think tanks, world-class employers and a thriving technology ecosystem. Our diverse city hosts year-round festivals, features an extensive natural trail network, Light Rail Transit, boasts a strong economy and enjoys proximity to both rural landscapes and urban amenities. Think farmer’s markets, world-class recreational facilities and an international airport, all in one of the safest cities in Ontario. Our reputation as a technology powerhouse has been bolstered by the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor, a global centre of talent, growth, innovation and discovery. Rivalling the best in the world, this 100km stretch is the second-largest technology cluster in North America. Build your career and your life in Waterloo, where accommodations range from upscale condos in heritage buildings to spacious homes in family-friendly communities.
Business Development Representatives x2
Working closely with the sales and marketing departments, we are looking for a confident, organized and dynamic Business Development Representative who wants to blow past 10 and crank it up to 11 in terms of maximizing our current revenue opportunities and building out our sales pipeline. This role will play a critical part in terms of introducing eleven-x to prospective customers, messaging the eleven-x value prop and identifying those opportunities to establish a real connection. From connectivity on our low power network, to understanding devices, to full solutions, this role requires someone who will be comfortable discussing technical solutions that provide real value.
Surrounded by a seasoned team with a proven track record of success, this role offers the opportunity to be rewarded for initiative and results, with the potential for taking on a variety of challenges. We are looking for someone focussed on success while building out a foundation in high-tech and IoT sales.
- Qualify top-of-funnel sales opportunities – both inbound and outbound
- Connect with potential customers through phone calls, emails, and social media
- Research potential customers and accounts to identify key players and areas of interest or fit
- Present eleven-x solutions to potential customers across a variety of markets
- Set meetings and ensure the right information is distributed to both customers and team members
- Work closely with internal team members to schedule meetings and presentations
- Use the CRM solution [Hubspot] to manage and track opportunity interactions and facilitate smooth customer transactions
- Collaborate on sales initiatives and new campaign development
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in our markets
REQUIREMENTS & ASSETS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with a variety of sales techniques [such as cold calls]
- A high level of technical aptitude for creative problem solving
- An independent and creative thinker willing to hustle and be a team player
- The desire for continuous growth personally and professionally
- Experience working with CRM software is a plus
- Familiarity with MS Excel and other Office programs is also a plus
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- An interest in sales/business development as a career